Irritation is the action and effect of irritating . This verb, in turn, refers to causing morbid arousal in a part of body; to feel go to; or lively excite the affections or natural inclinations.
For example: "I can't use that type of deodorants because they cause skin irritation", "The words of the deputy caused irritation among those present", "I think officials should try to reduce the level of popular irritation to prevent overflows.".
At the level of the Health , irritation may occur with various disorders or diseases. It is known as pruritus to the irritation of the skin which leads those who suffer to want to scratch in search of relief. You can talk about generalized itching (when disseminated in various parts of the body) or localized itching (located in a specific area).
Pruritus irritation can be caused by environmental causes (such as heat stroke) or chemical causes (from touching a plant), being caused by a sting or bite, arising from an allergic reaction or appearing as part of an infectious disease.
The Sore throat On the other hand, it is a nuisance or itching that can make swallowing difficult. A cold The flu, having something stuck or breathing through the mouth are some of the causes of throat irritation.
Home remedies for eye irritation
Eye irritation usually appears from exposition to dust or as a result of an allergic reaction and is characterized by the redness of the iris and an annoying itching. Other possible causes are tension and fatigue. Let's see below some home remedies to combat it:
* Keep your eyes closed for several minutes, to get them to relax. At the same time, move them from right to left and from top to bottom;
* before going to bed at night, place on each eyelid a piece of cotton previously dipped in green tea, chamomile or infusion fennel;
* lie down and place a cold compress over your eyes for a minimum period of five minutes. Then repeat the process with a warm compress. A damp cloth or gel mask can be used;
* also with eyes closed, pose thin slices of potato or cucumber on the eyelids. It is worth mentioning that the temperature of vegetables should be low. Once they become warm, remove them and rinse your face;
* use cold compresses of grated carrots or cloths moistened with the juice of this vegetable, and let them act for a while, until the inflammation is relieved;
* When the cause of eye irritation is tension, one of the best remedies is the break adequate and avoid stressful situations at all costs.
On the other hand, if irritation is caused by exposure of extremely dry air to eyes or to closed and poorly ventilated environments, a possible solution is the use of artificial tears.
Beyond the physical, the notion of irritation is used to name agitation or exaltation of the cheer up . The concept is linked to anger, anger or disgust caused by a certain reason.
In this sense, people often talk about easily irritable people when they lose patience and quickly get offended in certain situations. These are individuals who, for different reasons, do not support certain jokes, or are disturbed when they fail to carry out their plans successfully. While many tend to think that the irritability it is a personality trait impossible to eliminate or modify, it has its roots in unsolved problems, which must be identified and resolved to recover inner peace.