Bodily , a term with origin in the Latin word corporālis, is a adjective that qualifies that linked to body , especially at body . For example: "To avoid back pain, it is important to take care of body posture", "The body odor of that man is very strong", "An expert analyzed the suspect's body language and concluded that he was lying".
It is known as body posture to position of the body of a person . This is linked to the location of the trunk, limbs and joints at a certain time. Bad body posture can cause various disorders; On the other hand, good body posture minimizes stiffness and tension and promotes efficacy.
The idea of body language , on the other hand, refers to the communicative and expressive meaning of the gestures and movements of the body . This information is transmitted non-orally, either consciously or unconsciously. In a similar sense, one speaks of body expression to refer to the transmission of emotions and ideas through the body and not the voice.
Although most people naturally learn a language suitable body to relate to their environment, others encounter certain difficulties that prevent them from developing. For them there are several councils that have been defined by specialists in order to help them to develop successfully in all types of situations. Let's see some below:
* Maintain eye contact with our interlocutors, especially in the first meetings. Through this action we show respect for the other and interest in his words. As with other aspects of communication, the culture in this case it is decisive;
* look away momentarily to allow the other person to organize their ideas and avoid feeling overwhelmed by our presence. Fixing your gaze for too long periods of time is so damaging to the communication how to do it very rarely during a conversation;
* take care of body posture, adapting it to the context and the type of communication we are maintaining. This is usually a problem for men rather than women, since they are required less respect for each other than they are. Sitting with your legs open is a attitude that many men have daily, often in inappropriate situations;
* position the head in a way that allows us to make proper eye contact with the other. If we are in a conversation with a teacher or with our employer, it is recommended to lean it slightly forward, so that we demonstrate our respect implicitly with our eyes. To express empathy, on the other hand, we can rotate it a few degrees to the side;
* Being aware of the position of our arms, something indispensable to show interest and respect in a conversation. Keeping your arms crossed can be interpreted as a rejection to the message of our interlocutor, while placing them on the sides reflects an open attitude.
The body adjective also appears linked to adipose tissue: the body fat . This fat helps regulate body temperature and provides protection. However, excess body fat is a problem for Health .
He body mass index (BMI ), on the other hand, is an indicator that links mass and height of an individual to indicate if he has a low, normal or excessive weight. He BMI It is obtained by dividing the mass by the square height.
As noun , body refers to a white cloth which is placed on the altar during the Catholic mass, placing on it the chalice and the host.