The concept of eaves comes from to , a term that usually refers to the limbs of animals that allow these species to stand in the air; to the parts of an aircraft that allow it to fly; or to some kind of extreme.
In the field of architecture , is called forward to roof sector protruding from the wall , whose function is to protect the water structure from rain. For example: "Locate the pot under the eave so the plant does not drown if it rains a lot", "The gusts of wind caused the eave to come off the roof", "We waited under the eaves for several minutes until it stopped raining".
In this case, it is an element that is between the facade and the cover. In addition to the function of preventing rainwater from reaching the area closest to the entrance of the building, the eaves can have a decisive influence on the aesthetics of a construction, since it merges its two most important elements and can provide a smooth transition and with style.
There are many cities that throughout history have adopted the eave as a constant for their architectural creations, both to maintain a uniform aesthetic line and to give rise to local artistic expression. A good forward can enhance the image of a building considerably, highlight it above others and attract the attention of passersby positively.
As with most of the elements of a building, the eave can be manufactured using different materials, among which are the following: brick, tile, wood and stone . In turn, it is possible to establish a classification taking into account the materials and grouping different finishes or styles that usually appear with each of them:
* among the brick eaves, we can find the cornice (in its simple varieties, run, sardinel, checkered, triscated or beak rows), and the one of canecillos (in art and architecture, the concept of canecillo or dog refers to the head of the beam that can be seen from the outside of the building and that serves to support the eave itself);
* the tile gives rise to two types of eaves, both called sandwich, although one is simple and the other includes brick . The sandwich is the first channel tile of each group that is located on a roof next to the eave;
* with wood it is possible to find eaves of structural cinnamon or of apparent crayons or fake;
* the flanked eave is known as cornice cumshot and it can be done on wood or bricks;
* the stone eaves can be made of canecillos or build up shaped cornice run.
Certain vehicles, such as carriages , they have eaves so that those who travel do not get dirty with any splashes that may occur due to the presence of Water or mud on the road.
In the field of basketball or basketball , the eaves are known as the player who usually moves along the lateral sectors of the field of play and who usually scores points from far away from the basket. Also called to , Forward , three or small forward , the usual thing is that this type of player has good effectiveness in the distance throwing and ability to score in penetrations.
The position of eave is similar to that of pivot wing : sometimes even talk about small eave (the traditional eave) and the big eave (pivot wing). The eave, on the other hand, often plays as shooting guard or base help.
Larry bird , Julius Erving and Lebron James are some of the stars of the NBA who served or serve as eaves.